- Students who feel comfortable asking for help in class.
- It’s hard for students to learn when they feel like they shouldn’t be asking questions.
- Ideally, we want classrooms where students are celebrated for asking questions because this is an important step in learning the answer.
- Encourage students to speak up and ask questions.
- If a student apologizes for asking a question, remind them you’re there to help and happy to answer their questions.
- When a student asks a question, point out other students nodding their heads or perking up to show that the a lot of people are interested in the answer.