Skip to main content
Host group grading sessions to provide opportunities for teaching assistants to interact with each other and avoid falling behind in grading.
- Instead of having teaching assistants (TAs) grade individually, bring all students together to complete their grading. This can help:
- Balance the load of grading between all the graders,
- Provide informal opportunities for TAs to interact and form a community,
- Adapt grading rubrics as necessary and increase consistency.
- These types of activities are incredibly important because building an identity and a community around being a TA helps improve recruitment, retention, and overall experience.