- Give students autonomy to assert their own opinion and distinguish between corrective and suggestive feedback.
- Helping students students cultivate their own opinions and stand up for them contributes to a classroom built around equity and respect.
- Explain to students when you are making a suggestion. Students should know that:
- They aren’t required to take suggestions.
- You won’t be checking their work for the suggestions you made.
- Be explicit about why you think your opinion would be an improvement, just be sure not to push too hard on the subject.