- Consider the following incorrect solution to aligning an element’s text to the right:
- align is an attribute of a tag, but not a tag in itself. This misunderstand results in an inability to complete the task successfully.
- If align were used as an attribute to a tag like the div tag or the paragraph tag, the text alignment would be changed successfully.
- Students may also confuse tags with attributes and values.
- This type of error is called a knowledge-based error. It occurs as a result of significant gaps in knowledge regarding the basic syntax and semantics of HTML elements, including tags, attributes, and values.