- Create a fair classroom where your students know what is expected of them.
- When students don’t know how they’re being assessed and what is expected of them, it creates an unfair power imbalance in the classroom.
- A power imbalance is inherent whenever students are getting graded, but when students don’t know what will be considered good this magnifies the problem.
- Transparency is really important for managing power dynamics in the classroom.
- Always provide a rubric whenever you assign graded work to your students.