- The Hall Pass Class is helpful because repeated practice helps students build better understanding of concepts.
- Creating HallPass objects every time they leave class is a good opportunity for practice.
- Post the code for a HallPass class in large print on a poster somewhere easy to see in your classroom.
- When students wish to leave the classroom, they have to instantiate a hall pass.
- Students create a HallPass by writing the lines of code necessary to instantiate a hall pass on a piece of paper.
- Students get to use the hall pass if the line code is correct:
- The number, type, and order of values passed to the constructor match what is required and accurate in that setting.
- For example, a pass might read:
HallPass pass = new HallPass ("Mary Smith", "9/15/15", "2:20pm", "restroom");