- Help students recognize and build confidence in the unique perspective each of them brings to their work.
- It’s important for students to have confidence in their self worth, background, and abilities.
- Often, students don’t feel they have the right set of skills and perspectives to make meaningful contributions.
- This is especially true in certain CS where some students believe they need to have a certain background to succeed.
- When students propose personal projects, ask them how they’re uniquely qualified to do the work they're proposing for their project.
- Encourage them to recognize the explicit ways their unique backgrounds add value to the work they do.